Reason: To protect the floor tile.
Benefit: Improved slip resistance, easier to clean, improved appearance, lengthens floor tile life.
1. Gather all needed supplies and safety equipment.
2. Always wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when handling cleaning chemicals.
3. Position wet floor signs.
4. Line the mop bucket with trash liner to eliminate possibility of contamination and to make clean up easier.
5. Pour Floor Finish into bucket.
6. Dip finish mop into finish and tamp out excess in wringer. Do not wring out the finish mop, it should b wet but not dripping.
7. Apply Floor Finish onto the floor in a frame pattern and fill in with overlapping strokes in a figure 8 motion.
8. Allow the first coat to dry (usually 20-30 minutes). Floor is dry when the finish is no longer tacky to the touch. Dry time will vary with temperature, humidity and air flow conditions.
9. Apply remaining coats of Floor Finish the same way until required appearance is achieved. As a rule of thumb, never apply more than four coats of finish in a single day.
10. Clean all equipment and return to storage area.